WOOD FLOORING TRENDS FOR 2020
Hardwood flooring continues to grow in popularity and is certainly the preferred flooring type for most homes. It’s stylish, warm and timeless and lasts for over a century. Here is what we’re seeing as top trends in 2020.
1. DARK FLOORING STILL IN STYLE
Dark wood floors are still going strong. You’ll see options in colors like espresso, Jacobean or dark walnut. Dark adds an air of distinction and elegance. However, the downside to dark wood floors is they can make your room look smaller, dirt is more easily seen and when you scratch through a dark stained floor, it shows the lighter wood underneath which stands out more than with a light floor. However, it really comes down to personal style.
2. LIGHT FLOORS ARE IN TOO
As more homeowners embrace a lighter airy feel to their homes light colored floors are becoming more desirable. Blonde wood makes any room feel larger and more open.
With blonde wood, your decorating possibilities are endless. You can go for a chic, contemporary or a rustic, homey vibe especially if you use large planks.
3. WHITE OAK IS STILL THE MOST POPULAR FLOOR CHOICE
White oak is a favored choice by homeowners for many reasons – primarily because it is one of the best and most versatile species. White oak is known for its beauty, strength and stability. It’s a very durable wood, takes stain well and its closed grain makes it more moisture resistant.
4. UNFINISHED ENGINEERED FLOORING IS OUR SECOND MOST POPULAR FLOOR CHOICE
The main advantages of engineered hardwood flooring are that it is:
- Less costly than solid hardwood flooring.
- Difficult to tell apart from solid wood flooring once installed.
- Has a real layer of wood on top (unlike laminate flooring)
- More resistant to fluctuations in temperature and humidity than solid wood flooring.
While these are the top trends, we offer an wide range of species and floor treatments to choose from. Give us a call and start the conversation today.